Factory alarm questions (adding new alarm)

Supacharged89

I am about to install my alpine 8040 alarm in my 89 SC with factory keyless. My question is where do I tap in to arm and dis arm the factory alarm. Also where is the best place to tap into the door locks. Where is the factory alarm brain located? Any and all info would be appreciated, the SC is a little more complicated then my other vehicles.

Thanks alot

The alarm is in the very back of the car on the left hand side of the trunk in a black plastic shroud. You can tap all wires there. I can look at mine and tell you all the wires if no one else can. Email me.

mdkracing@alltel.net

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the alarm and stereo? I think this car has more electrical then 99% of cars made in 89.

Thanks

you may want to disconnect the factory alarm all together as you may have problems with them interfiering with each other.
good luck
joe

I want to leave the factory alarm in place, what I am going to do is hook the aftermarket alarm up with the fctory one so that when I type in my keyless entry code it will disable both alarms. (incase I misplace my remote or the remote battery dies) I just need to know the wire info for it.

looks like xr7 dave has that info, drop him an e-mail.
i know it would be nice to still use the # pad on the door but you may have problems with one alarm triggering the other because of different voltage drops. like if you have say, a two stage motion or shock sensor,if the first stage is triggerd and gives a warning chirp this may trigger the factory alarm as it is triggerd by voltage dop from the dome light when the door is opened.see what i'm sayin? there may be a way to keep the key pad functional becuase not all that have keyless have alarms too.
joe

this can be done.. IF the alpine has a arm/disarm input/output... chances are if it's compatible with Factory alarms it'll have the output part...

Give me abit..

I do, but I have to log back in to get it, if I dont get it soon enough keep sending me harassing PMs or e-mails till I do, or I'll probably forget, unless someone has them handy:D

this may work 91 up who knows :confused:
Ford Thunderbird Security Information
Constant 12V+ Black/Orange Ignition Switch Harness
Starter Red/Light Blue Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition Red/Green Ignition Switch Harness
Accessory Gray/Yellow Ignition Switch Harness
Tach Dark Green/Yellow Or Tan/Yellow at Coil
Neutral Safety Wire Not Grounding OEM Switch opens Starter Circuit
Brake Switch Green Brake Switch
Trunk Release Purple/Yellow (+) Switch
Trunk Pin Brown/White (-) Light in Trunk
Parking Lights Brown (+) Light Switch
Head Lamp Red/Yellow (+) Light Switch
Hood Pin n/a
Factory Disarm Dark Green/Purple (-) Driver's Kick Panel
Door Trigger Black/Light Blue (+) Courtesy Light under Dash
Door Lock Pink/Yellow Driver's Kick Panel Reverse Polarity
Door Unlock Pink/Light Green W/Keyless Negative Trigger
Horn Wire Yellow/Light Green (-) Steering Column
Windows Up LF=Yellow, RF=White/Black or White/Yellow,
Windows Down LF=White/Black, RF=White/Black

if anyone blows up their car using this wiring information too bad :D. This has been used on a few SCs before so I know they work:p

If you dont know what a kick-panel or whatever is just ask for location of wires etc

I do but it spans over several pages and scanning that would be impossible(the factory schematics). Maybe someone has a compact version

Factory Disarm Dark Green/Purple (-) Driver's Kick Panel :confused:

Ass clown has the correct wiring for the SC, although there are some thunderbirds that have Neg pulse for the door locks. I haven't seen one in like 10 years with - pulse locks, it might have been aftermarket door locks. Wire Magic also lists - pulse for some with keyless entry.

The kick panel is the panel where your foot is (hence the term kick panel). Your door locks and the arm/disarm wires are there. If you hook them up correctly you won't have any problems setting off the factory alarm.

If adding remote start it is easier to pickup the tach wire at the rear of the instrument cluster. (less wires you run into the engine compartment the better)

Jeff

You are not going to be able to disarm the aftermarket alarm with your keypad. Afterjmarket alarms do not respond to a simple input for disarm, they require a sequence of events. I suppose if you wanted to create a device, technically it could be done, but it would require some pretty advanced electronics.

There is no issue with using the factory alarm along side an aftermarket one. The factory alarm is actually pretty good. No current alarm I know of actually uses current draw for sensing, and certainly the factory one doesn't, so don't worry about that.

You can arm and disarm the factory alarm with an aftermarket alarm, but typically not vice versa unless it is an alarm specifically designed to go along with a factory keyless entry such as Automate. However, those systems use the factory system, and do not have any RF capability(remotes) of their own.

And yes, the locks are (-) trigger if you have factory keyless entry.

try this, open your door and hold the pin switch in arm the alarm then let go of the pin switch. dome light comes on the alarm is triggerd.
joe

I am using the actual door pin switch to trigger the alarm, not the interior lights, if they come on while it is armed it will NOT set the alarm off, only opening the door. The alarm has a paging system and a microwave sensor with warning so I am not really worried about people getting too close. I have wired a 2 relay device to the DK green/purp wire (- pulse when correct keyless code is entered) what it does it sends a - pulse to the valet/ disarm switch, a + pulse to the IGN line on the alarm (it is diode isolated from the car IGN) and that will disarm the alarm. I have tried it and it all works fine. I wanted the wiring info at the alarm it self because I am kinda re wiring the system so the 2 will work together. I have them wired with relays so if power is cut to 1 the other will go off. The hood and trunk will also set off the factory alarm, and activate the paging system even if the alpine is disconnected. So as you can see it is not just a simple alarm install, I am going all out. I have also been redoing the headlights with relays so not to over stress the crappy factory wiring.

Thanks and sorry for the long post

what is so valuable thats in your car?

I got an alarm but I dont think Supercoupes are on a top list for thieves ;)

Last edited:
There is a 3 screen video system, PS2, 4 adire audio brahma12's, 2 earthquake PHD2's, 1 earthquake 700.1, 1 earthquake 300.1, 2 audio control EQT's, a RFX-9400 Rockford fosgate HU, Boston Acoustics 4 way setup in front and 2 way setup in back, 300 amp 3G alternator and 5 optima's (4 yellows in trunk and a red under hood).
Thats why I need a good alarm. The car is always parked in the garage but the few times it goes out I want it protected. BTW it is very heavy, I weighed it at the dump and it came in around 5300LBS!!

Back