to buying a 89-91 SC

nrg

there is a chance to buy a 89 or a 90's sc. what i shold look carfuly on the car?

Michael Allbee has some good tips at this link:

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/buyingtips.html

I would also watch the dash ABS light and brake light when you start and apply the brakes while driving the car. If they they stay on too long, you could have some expensive ABS problems to fix.

Car should also idle smoothly and at a fixed RPM. Bad or bumpy idle could be vacuum leaks, bad motor mounts or bad IAC. Motor mount replacement is quite a chore on these cars and can be labor expensive, if you cannot do your own work.

To test the mounts have someone rev the engine with the hood open while you watch the engine movement. If it moves excessively toward the passenger side, motor mounts may need replacement.

gldiii said:
I would also watch the dash ABS light and brake light when you start and apply the brakes while driving the car. If they they stay on too long, you could have some expensive ABS problems to fix.

Car should also idle smoothly and at a fixed RPM. Bad or bumpy idle could be vacuum leaks, bad motor mounts or bad IAC. Motor mount replacement is quite a chore on these cars and can be labor expensive, if you cannot do your own work.

To test the mounts have someone rev the engine with the hood open while you watch the engine movement. If it moves excessively toward the passenger side, motor mounts may need replacement.

George, Thanks ........ I hope you don't mind, I'd like to include your additions in the Buying Tips Article.

Back