Supercharger fluid

radiorick

I have a '89 SC with 32,000 miles on her. I'm not to sure what to do with the fluid in the Supercharger. When should it be changed? How often should it be changed? How do you change it? And what type of oil do you us & how much? The car is running great. The Supercharger sounds great. Is there a time or mileage period to change the oil like your engine oil? Thanks Rick

they say it is good "forever", don't know about that though. wouldn't hurt too change it though. check it in the morning before you start it ,must be cold. should be at the bottum of the threads when cold. use ford or gm synthetic supercharger fluid only!! i have herd the gm fluid is cheaper.
good luck
joe

There is no set time interval to change the supercharger fluid. I've heard people say to change it at 100,000 miles. I just say that it couldn't hurt to do it since the car is an 89.

You can use a turkey baster and attach a tube small enough to fit into the allen wrench hole and suck it all out. Just refill it to where the first thread is on the bottom of the plug hole. Also, check it while the engine is cold and on level ground.

As for the fluid you can use either the Ford fluid or the GM fluid as they are the same. For some reason the GM fluid is a little less expensive. The Ford PN# E9SZ-19577-A. At Ford ask for it by PN as they will look at you like you have three heads when you ask for Synthetic Supercharger Fluid. You would think that Ford never built the SC for 7 years. Putting GM fluid in a Ford just doesn't make any sense as it's like dancing with the devil. HEHE!

Bob

Back