Someone, egged my car and I need help...

MN12 KID

The clearcoat is screwed - specs of clearcoat is missing from the yolk, on the driverside 1/4 panel. Is there a clearcoat touchup kit I can purchase to do an amateur repair?

Man , people are truly sick these days, sorry to hear this...

Well, the short answer is no, you cannot shoot a clear lacquer( what is sold in spray cans) over urethane clear, it will literally eat it away. Paint shops can sometimes use a special "melt in" clear for spot jobs, but it takes certain prep and special blending paints and techniques to do, not a DIY thing. If you decide not to do anything, at least spray some isopropyl alcohol and water mix on it to neutralize the acids, or they could further etch the paint , even though you can't visibly see them.

Most shops would simply repaint the panel base/clear.
Good luck.

P.S.

If you could take a picture of it I might get a better idea of what , if any, options you might have in making it look better.
I'm a pro detailer FWIW. Dan H

To make a long story short, there's clearcoat peeling along the back of the rear 1/4 window trim; and patterned, speckled clearcoat loss, where the shell must have hit. I don't think a picture would help, because my car's color is silver.

I feel your pain

The same thing happened to my car a week and a half ago. It is gonna cost me $200 dollars to have fixed (repair a dent and reshoot the door). What gets me is that I just had the entire car repainted last spring. I wish I could have caught the guy who did this, but I have no leads, looks like just a random act of stupidity. I hope you have better luck than me in having to repair the damage to your car.

grr

all this talk about SCs gettin egged and stolen is making me mad. i think one of my next mods is gonna be to instal a good alarm and a hidden startup switch and then a few video cameras at home here on the area i park my car.

and yea, the clearcoat is fixable. worst case scenario they will take a sander and sand the paint off of that little spot then do a butch blend with the color and then spray the clear over it. thats worst case scenario, they can probably just respray the clear. (i work in a body/paint shop at the local ford dealer, i dont do the painting but i sorta know how it all goes down)

oh yea, i forgot to mention.. this is by NO MEANS a do it yourself job. i feel for ya man... screwing with peoples cars is the one thing i would never do... sorta like that blue suade shoes song.. spit in my face but lay off of my car.....

Back