Aftermarker shifters?

ponysc

Is there any aftermarket shifters for any 'stang trannys that are adaptable to the M5R2?

thanks guys..Chris

I believe that T-5 base is bigger then the M5R2 shifter base. There is an aftermarket shifter out there for the M5R2, the B&M Ripper, priced about $170 from Jegs, Summit, ect. While you will not get the stops or shorter shifts, just doing a rebuild on your stock shifter will do wonders. My had play around 3-4" front to back while in gear, .5-1" side to side. Followed the article by David Suesz and Jerome Gipson here
M5R2 Shifter Rebuild and it did wonders. I was missing the upper and lower socket bushing, and 1 washer shim, while the other 3 washers shims and spring were badly damaged. It needs the synchronizers replace, but I can now shift with out forcing it.

Yeah, I just noticed the b&m ripper....

Thank you for the info, might save me $170.00..

thanks-Chris

Tim, if you want to rebuild your 5 spd, pull it out and bring it on down. I've rebuilt 2 of them, now. It's almost easy. I'll show you how; we can do it in a day. Southern Gear isn't open on saturday, though. The fiber synchro blockers from Ford are about $140 total.

Back