Aftermarket Oil Pressure guage

ScottSimonsen

Im going to install an aftermarket oil pressure guage and im wondering were is a good place to tap into the engine. And if im going to need any other brass fittings that the guage doesnt already come with.

about your gauge

I have installed one im my car it is not that hard all you will need is a 3/8 tee and and a 3/8 nipple not sure the length on the nipple . The air fitting like the size for a air compressor. The only reason I say this is because i dont know if it is inner dia or outer. I believe it is a outer diameterbut i bought my stuff from a lowes and it is brass very clean metal. Dont use galvanized as it will rust over time believe me I know I am a plummber. That is if you want both the dash gauge and the aftermarket to both work that is what I did. If you want just the aftermarket to work it should "depending on the brand gauge" screw right in. I have a autometer one. Anyways it will just screw right into your oil pressure sending unit which it is like right beside the water pump I believe if I remember corectly. teflon tape all your joints and you should be good to go i have had mine hooked up this way for about 8 months and had no problems. I did not remove any thing but if you find it easier to do so then go ahead. Have fun on this project.

AnvSCMAN

Back