Any good home remedies/ ideas for this? Interior, seat pocket

JAFO

The pocket's elastic is overstretched, making it sag in the back. Short of going to an upholsterer, is there a good way to tighten that and close it up a bit? The seats are in really good shape other than that, hate to take it in and risk someone screwing it up.

Attachments

• supercoupe 031.jpg
    supercoupe 031.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 206
Have you tried using some velcro? The male side of the velcro usually will stick pretty well to cloth interior. You could possibly sew a couple of pieces of velcro on there and I would think that it would work good.

Bob

I don't think velcro would hold it up quite like I want. For now, I took some safety pins, pulled the elastic at the center spot to take out slack and pinned it off. Then pinned the excess elastic to the side. I guess it looks better, but kind of rigged for now. I can go back and stitch it to make it more presentable, but it means no elastic, so they won't be very usable. Maybe there's a way to run a 2nd elastic strip through it to keep it tight. I don't know, I'm not much on sewing.

Attachments

• seat covers 004.jpg
    seat covers 004.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 197
You'd be surprised what velcro can hold. I have it holding the computers in the back of my car to the carpet on the top of my sub woofer box.

Taking it to an upholstry shop will cost you some money. Both of my SCs' are are doing the same thing but I have a black leather interior on my 90 and they don't show up very much. My 95 SC has gray and it shows up more.

Bob

I may just sew up what I've done, and tuck the excess loop up inside it. I don't intend to use the pockets anyway. I'm with you on velcro, kind of like modern duct tape--one way or another, it'll fix almost anything. Reminded me that I wanted to put that on my box too. BTW, moved the box (a single 10") to the rear corner, facing outwards and it just about doubled the bass I was getting inside. Nice free mod! Doesn't look so good, but with the velcro I can just slide it to the back when I need the space.

Your car interior looks really clean. I like that particular material on the seats as it is really durable. I've seen many SCs' with those seats with 100,000+ miles and the interior still looks brand new.

Every car acts different when it comes to where placing the sub works the best. Corner loading the bass works well in most applications as it increases the very low frequency output of most subs.

Bob

Thanks! I'm really happy with the shape this car was in when I got it. Needs a few finishing touches, but it'll look brand new pretty soon. Really tight, no rattles. I've been thinking about getting one of those dynamat (?) door kits in there too. The car cleans up better every time. The tweed really does age well, just need to find one of those garment groomers or something to shave it down a bit.

<shameless picture post of my car>

Attachments

• seat covers 010.jpg
    seat covers 010.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 113
I would use Dynamat in the doors as it really does make a big difference. I have a little Dynamat Extreme placed in various places all over the car to stop those annoying rattles.

Of course 2-12" subs with a JL500/1 running them doesn't help remove rattles.

Back