ford MAF sensor part numbers

hytorksc

I have a broken stock maf sensor, part number F1SF-12B579-AA on my '92 SC AOD. the second number is afh70-02

I found a replacement stock maf E9SF-12B579-AA from a '90 SC AOD. the second number is afh55-03a

I think the e9sf can be used on the '92 sc, but i am concerned about the meaning of the second numbers. my '92 came with a 70mm housing, hence the afh"70"-02.

the other one has afh"55"-03a. does this mean that it's calibrated for the older 55mm housing and can't be used on a 70mm? i'm thinking that it's ok because i have a c&l 73mm with sampling tube calibrated for that size or 30lb injectors which is supposed to work with all sc's 89 thru 95.

can i use the e9sf maf electronics from a '90 SC on a '92 SC?

thanks-

I put the sensor from my 89' onto the 70mm body and didn't have any problems. Although I never could get rid of one code that I had. It was something like MAF voltage too low. It did this with the old body also, and every other one I tried. When I read the voltage at idle and at 60mph the readings were in spec, in fact there was no difference between the two down to .01 Volt.

Jeff

Whoops, little off on that voltage spec.

Last edited:
maybe a circuit revision

the change from e9sf to f1sf denotes a circuit revision or update, now whether that update actually involves a change of required internal voltage i don't know. knowing ford there probably was no circuit change at all- just a maf body revision i think.

if that is the case then something else may be triggering that code- continuity problem in the wire? i find that code very strange if the measured voltage of the '89 maf was exactly the same for the original one.

does the check engine light stay on or does it flash at some point when opening the throttle?

The CEL never came on. Every time I checked the codes for one reason or another it would come up. I would also get primary fuel pump circuit failure, but that was because when I went to the airport I would trip the inertia switch to keep my car from being started when I went out of town. I had an O2 sensor go out the first time, and that's when I noticed the other 2 codes.

Jeff

did you clear the codes?

did you try clearing the codes to see if it would come back by disconnecting the battery or running the diagnostics using a jumper wire?

Back