PDA

View Full Version : Coast to Coast SC

Coast to Coast SC
12-23-2002, 11:51 PM
Ron,
All is well with the house stuff and luckily we hired a independent home inspector and on the day of the inspection IT RAINED IN HEMET!!! It has a cedar shake roof which has a small leak in the garage. We would have had no idea without the rain...lucky for us, unlucky for the seller. We are trying to get repairs and a 2 year certification from the seller but at the price we got the house for, they are understandibly (sp?) reluctant to spend any money. I hope we can come to a mutually acceptable resolution as my wife and I have fallen for this place.
As for the house warming...I'd be happy to throw a few steaks on the barby if anyone wants to make the trek way the heck out here. If things go well with Drag City (tenatively opening April I believe) it would make a fine after race retreat as Banning is ~15 miles away. The altitude may be a factor to some though (2500 ft).

Thanks,
Anthony

Matt SC ESC
12-24-2002, 05:59 AM
I say we all have a housewarming party at anthony's... I can just imagine... 12+ SC's sitting outside of a house... mmm how wonderful it would be. =) I work at a grocery store and get fat steaks basically handed to me... =) Just a thought. If it is unrealistic, someone slap me... Thanks...

Coast to Coast SC
12-24-2002, 03:28 PM
Get this Ron, the roof is original from 1971. It is near the end of its life but all I am after is a 2 year buffer to recover from the present outlay of funds before replacing it. Really good shingles were still available in 71 and non-existent shortky thereafter. The older shake roofs could be expected to live ~30 yrs so it is right on schedule to fail hence our request for a 2 yr. cert. Finding someone to sign off on it is quite a different story. Everyone keep your fingers crossed!

Anthony

Matt SC ESC
12-25-2002, 04:48 AM
::crosses toes::
http://www.dynamicwalking.com/gallery/sherrifeet.jpg