exhaust

motorhead72767

are any of you fellow sc owners running your coupes with no cats on them?If so how are you getting them to run with out any codes coming up?

I'm getting a code 41,91.I was told that because i cut open the cats and knocked out the catalyst,that the back pressure is no longer there and that is needed to heat up the O2 sensors to 900 degree's in order for them to work properly.The reason i did that was because they where blocked up and the drivers side manifold got cherry red.Now my SC keeps bringing up the lean code before it didnt.

I don't know what to tell you. I know of several SC owner's that do not run cat's and have no codes. I have not had cat's on my 95 for at least four years and I've never gotten any code's.

I have seen some discussion about the newer GT's when using a noncat X or H pipe. Several owners stated that if they used "parts store" O2's and not from Ford they never got a code. Reason is the parts store o2's are designed with a wider range of tolerance while the ones Ford sells have a narrower tolerance.

I have never heard of adjustable 02 sensors but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I have O.E. factory 02 sensors on my SC's.

Back