that damn buzzing noise

89_Red_Xr7

have any of you experienced this situation?? whenever i'm driving any faster than 85-90 mph i get a LOUD buzzing noise from the car. i think its the windsheild wipers catching the air and vibrating.. are there any ways to solve/correct/eliminate this? or am i out of luck?

thanks
andrew

have any of you experienced this situation?? whenever i'm driving any faster than 85-90 mph i get a LOUD buzzing noise from the car. i think its the windsheild wipers catching the air and vibrating.. are there any ways to solve/correct/eliminate this? or am i out of luck?

I had that problem on my '91 LX. It was caused by the wiper being too high due to the cowl cover having that raised portion on each side rather than being straight across. I put a '97 cowl cover on (because the stock one cracked) and adjusted the wiper lower down and the noise stopped.

Mike Donley

On my 90 Cougar, the upper windshield molding was peeling and at high speeds there was a loud high pitched buzzing from the top center of the windshield. One day I pulled the last bits of the molding cover off and the buzzing got WORSE. I looked closer at the molding and saw that it didn't lay flat to the body like most cars. So I laid a thin bead of black RTV (black car) between the molding and the body, and no more buzzing! The proper repair would be to replace the molding but I'll wait for having to replace the windshield for that.

Back