driver's side seat stuck

pesasa

The drivers side seat to my sc does not adjust. The motor works but it will not slide up. As a result I cannot drive it. I want to take the seat out. Can anyone give me a heads up on removing the seat. Any suggestions for a fix?
Thanks,
Peter

Peter, I can pass along my experience with the seats in my 35th and hopefully it will give you an idea. First, now i'm an old man ok?, these seats are HEAVY. You have four bolts at each corner and then you need to disconnect the motor wiring harness under the seat. The motors are attached to the seat bottom tracks and can be removed from the seat. I replaced my 35th seats with some motorized grey cloth 95 lx seats because they were torn. The motors can be found on ebay or from individuals and they are not difficult to change out if you have a minimal mechanics touch. The motors also are not usually very expensive. I would be willing to bet that sunny627@hotmail.com probably has some. My two cents is just change out the motor and white lithium grease the tracks. You should not have any more trouble after that. Hopefully someone else will chime in and add to this.

I wish you luck.

Happy Holidays.

I had a problem on my 92 where the seat would intermitantly stop working, tuned out to be a wire had rubbed thru and was shorting out on the seat frame.

Before removing the seat you may want to inspect the underside wires to motor carefully. as I repaired mine without removing the seat.
Try moving the wires around while moving the seat control to see if you get any more movement!
Just thought I'd "Chime in"

Back