whipple vs eaton

Hock

I have seen some post on the Whipple Supercharger before and started doing some research. Here is what I have found as far as it concerns our cars.

All that I right now is the dimension's they aren't much different from the M90.

Whipple
Length:9.52 (16.8325 w/drive)
Height:5.04
Width:?

M90
Length:16.35
Height:5.40
Width:7.55

I'm still working on the rest as far as the induction components are concerned. Still trying how to mount it to the stock intake. But Its all still on the drawing board too. Please give me some input. The SC with the drive cost $2140 but I think that the performance gain will be worth it. Please give me your thoughts!

Last edited:
yep, worth it.

I can get you a few bucks off the whipple superchargers. Also, you can order any drive length you want.

You'd be best to remove the IC completley and run the rear intake, bottom exit whipple with no intercooler. Those things don't really need it.

Brian

I figured that using the Magnum Powers IC would be worth the extra $1500 it would cost and about 30-40hp that could possibly be gained from it. But like I said, there is still alot of R&D for me to do.

I think it is an excellent idea! I have been working on it for about a year now. ESM (Wade Embree) is making a new manifold with tuned runners and an air/water IC. It will raise the total height of the blower/manifold combo by about 3" over stock. I choose the te 2300AR Whipple which takes air in the back and sends it out the bottom.

Here are a few teaser pics: (I'll post a lot more on my website at a future date)

(All pictures are on a test car at Wade's shop)

Water IC in bottom half of mounting box on manifold
w770.jpg

Whipple charger sitting on manifold
w772.jpg

I also talked to a guy that had mounted a smaller AutoRotor type screw charger on his SC. His buddy had fabbed up an aluminum plate onto the stock manifold to hold the blower. This setup was much like manny's inverted blower setup, but used the AutoRotor instead of the Eaton.

Here is a link to a recent board discussion of the Whipple: (It contains links to screw charger sites that might be helpful in your research.)

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7992

I'm afraid for the amount of effort this project has taken to date, ESM (Wade) will not be making any more like it for a while.

Valentino. When it comes to doing performance work. Money talks buddy. I'm sure it'd be worth doing it again for a cool mill. or so...... But, then again, I'm sure that number is much lower for Wade to accept the project once perfected. But in the end, we work for Money, so there is always a $ that can incline someone to work..

I know I when I am offered the right amount. I take a job. So it never hurts to ask.

Wow! That setup looks awesome. I was thinking about trying to keep it looking somewhat stock. But I like the way you are doing it. If you don't mind me asking, how much have you invested so far?

Right now I have over $8K in the project. That includes the polished Whipple, snout, by-pass valve, water intercooler, intercooler radiator, custom manifold, custom, intake, intercooler mounts, etc.

Probably not a bad price for a one-off prototype kind of thing. I’m sure if someone did a lot of their own work, a similar setup could be done for less. Through a disease that I have, I must do everything for performance and looks. I also insist on high quality parts, so that tends to run things up a bit.

The water radiator will go back where the original SC intercooler was installed. I plan on a Vortech water reservoir in place of the battery, so the battery will get moved to the trunk. It also looks like we will have some straight billet fuel rails with an external AFPR. Might even be possible to adjust it! I think the whole thing will clean up the engine compartment very nicely and allow for more access to the plugs. I’m also thinking about going to a smaller A/C compressor unit and re-routing the hoses for even more plug access on the passenger side.

A different hood with a 3" rise will also be needed to cover it all. I'm actually thinking about having a 96-97 metal hood modded into a cowl hood similar to the SVT 4.6 supercharged prototype.

I guess the projects, just never end!

WOW!:eek:

I guess that it might take me awhile to do that, but it will be worth the work.

Now that I have my Mustang GT (or should I say Slowstang:D) I can really get into working on the Bird.

Back