lets go racing!!

nate

:D ok i have been wanting to do this for a few months. now that i have a couple of my sponsors looking into providing for my car i would like to start building a full race 90sc 5-speed. i've started gutting the inside. everything except the two momo racing front seats, i'm wanting to keep it street legal. i do not want to remove the rear suspention for a solid axle so tubbing is a no-go. the motor is out now waiting for funds, the clutch and tranny are in need of a little help. i'm planning on running NOS and am going to have the 89-93 style blower rebuilt and converted by magnoflow to the rectangular opening with a proper intake. this all is in the works now and funded. my sponsors are small on this project as they already spend alot of time and money on my 84t-bird, e-mod. so i'm looking for anything that can help. maybe some pictures of a few set-ups that have been gutted, and a few pictures of different NOS set-ups

thanks
Nate

Nate,

If you want to compete with the guys on the top of the fastest list your going to need more hardware. Starting with a solid short block (better rods, pistons, rings, oil pump ect...) Then add ported heads with oversized valves, better cam, roller rockers, stronger pushrods. Then headers and high flow exhaust, more fuel (at least 42# injectors and 255 FI pump). Improved intake flow (larger MAF, TB and intake plenum) Oversized intercooler with a fan. Lightweight flywheel, better clutch and some air bags for the rear springs. This stuff along with several hours of dyno tuning should get you into the 12s.

If you and your sponsers aren't prepared to spend close to $20K on the project, your not going to be quick enough to beat the top 3 or 4 cars.

David

Last edited:
Aw c'mmon Dave, I gotta stock shortblock and a bunch of junk yard parts still. Now if I were to gut the car.... :p

Dave,

I meant run 12s and survive to race another day...especially if he is going to spray the NOS. Besides..Connie would kill you if you even thought about gutting her Cat.

David

PS: Dave doesn't mind swapping short blocks...he is such a good mechanic, he makes his own spark plugs.

Gutting the interior definitely works. There's over 200 lbs of weight in the interior. I've dropped at least a 1/4 sec off of my times. That's quite an improvement for 2 hours work and no extra cost.

Guess I missed the part about nitrous. I was just saying that our car would run 12's easily with a little weight reduction.

But ya, don't spray a stock block or you'll be rebuilding it....

Spark plugs were easy, consistant high impedence 80lb injectors sucked though.

:rolleyes:

heres my nitrous setup. you will need to beef the internals if you are going to want any serious amount of nitrous in there. Mines only jetted to 55 and i wont dare go higher until i get some stronger stuff in there.
part number on the kit from summit racing is CCA-82011

zex1.jpg

Back