Autometer plumbing/wiring

fastsc92

I have an autometer electric oil pressure and water temp gauge. If i still want to have my stock gauges work also.....what do i need to do for each situation? How does the old oil pressure sender come off? Can i just run two wires from the autometer sender( one for the autometer gauge and one for the stock) or do i have to plumb in both senders. Same question refers to the water temp. Someone help me out here. thanks

fastsc92,
The stock oil pres. sending unit comes out just like any of the other sensors (it un-screws), it's just hard to get to. As far as the wiring to run both Autometer and stock gauges, you must use the stock sending units for the stock gauges and the new Autometer sending units for the Autometer gauges. In other words you will have to put a tee in each fitting (oil & coolant) to accommodate the new sending units. There is room to do it, just be patient.

Mike

do i still have to do that...even if its an electrical gauge? I was hoping i could just run two wires from the sending unit. I figured i'd have to tee it with the oil...but i thought the water temp would work by runnin two wires. because the new one and the stock are a variable sender.

Back