aluminium flywheel?

storey

i am getting ready to replace my clutch with a centerforce and figured i would go ahead and put on a aluminium flywheel.

what manufacturers make them for 93sc,

where should i buy it from,

how much do they cost,

are they worth it.

thanks

storey

Storey get a McLeod aluminum flywheel. I reasearched it and they are the best. I'm not sure of the part # but they do make one for the SC so find out for sure it's the right one before you order. The main consideration is ring gear depth for a 3.8. It fits both size clutches '89-'93 11" and '94-'95 11.5". It will have a 164 tooth ring gear and be nuetral balanced. They offer two types off clutch surface inserts, steel and bronze, use steel on the street. It wieghs 15 lbs. which was 20 less than the stock pig. I bought mine from Fairway Ford's Fairway Sport and Performance division. Back then they gave me a really good price but the last time I checked on one for another car they were high. I paid $355 about, oh jeez, I'd guess 4-5 years ago. They are in the same town as McLeod so they can cut better deals.

www.mcleodind.com

http://www.go2fairway.com/location/...e.jsp?pageId=sportsAndPerformance&sectionId=2

Vernon

Last edited:
thanks for the info guys. i did the search and read everything and have decided that it would not be worth the 400 bucks. their are alot of other things i can buy that will give me more performace for that kind of money.

thanks

storey

Hmmm.... 1/2 a second + on a stock car for $400. Like how many things can you think of, maybe I missed some. Not to mention motor mounts, clutches, trannys, rears, half-shafts, brakes, and tires all live a lot longer with 20 lbs. less flywheel. Trust me, you'll be amazed at the performance you get for $400. But I won't beat you over the head it's your money.

Vernon

1/2 a sec.i did not think i would get that kind of performance from just a flywheel. i think i just had a change of heart. where can i get the SPEC flywheel from? i can probably swing 300 bucks since i decided to go with the LUK clutch kit since it is 200 instead of the 450 somodd dollars i was going to spend on a centerforce. can i use the the 11 1/2 inch clutch on my 93sc?

thanks

storey

Here's Spec's web address, www.specpwr.com. I'm not familiar with them so make sure that they know exactly what you need. You can use the 11.5" clutch, you will have to buy the kit for a '94 -'95 SC and order some pressure plate locating pins from Ford and install them into the flywheel if it doesn't come with them. The larger clutch used the same flywheel but the shouldered bolts won't fit due to the increased disk and pressure plate size. The pins are Ford part # D1FZ-6397-B and you'll need three. The good news is that with the lighter flywheel a stock clutch is more than adequate for performance useage.

I can't get the web link to work either, here's thier phone # 800-828-4379, and 205-491-8581.

Vernon

Last edited:
Back