exhaust question

tbird79

How will this sound.......no cats, performance resonator, and stock rear mufflers? I think it would sound decent for what i am looking for, I dont want it to be loud.

Thanks
Joe

no mufflers

I'm curious how that would sound as well. I've been planning on going with replacing the resonator with a flowmaster 40 or 50 series and running pipe out the back with no mufflers.

sound

I think it would sound good, but loud. I dont want very loud, just wanna free things up abit. I had a full flowmaster kit on my last bird and It was a little loud for my taste. I wanna just keep the piping get rid of the cats (no clean air laws here) with a flowmaster resonator and for rear mufflers i dunno?

Thanks
Joe

The 50 series is quieter than the 40 series. Also it would be a muffler and not a resonator. If it's too loud I was thinking of putting some glass packs at the end. I wonder how that would sound?

Resonator...

You need a muffler that is reversable for your resonator...Unless you are going two in and two out you may be outta luck far as using a flowmaster muff as a resonator...

I got the 40's with no cats and a magnaflow resonator and it is a nice sound...Sounds off road...

I have heard that the 50series with the flowmaster resonator is pretty nice tame sound with deep tones...Closer to the Borla sound I guess...

My other SC has no cats with Magnaflow Resonator and Magnaflow muffs and it sounds great, but is Loud as F**k Too...

I would say as long as you are getting rid of the stock resonator you are well on your way to taking the choke hold off your bird..

Cheers

how about this? Ported stock manifolds, no cats, no resonator, and Thrush glass pack muffs. Exhaust is 2.5-3-2.5. :D :D

Back