gldiii or AsScLoWn....

Nick Sc

How do I remove and replace, the upper inner rear control arm bushings. Do they just need to be pressed out and in or something else. Thanks Nick

They are just pressed in the arm. If you take note of where the eccentric is postioned you can get them back close enough to drive your car to get it aligned. The car should be aligned after replacing those bushings.

this is just me, but I like to "tack-weld" the new bushings in place, you have to be careful when removing/installing the bushings that the stamped steel arms(or lower arms on 89s) dont deform, use a socket or something similar about the same length as the section between the two flanges, you'll see what I mean if it starts to compress:D .

Since the upper arm is for camber you can align it in your driveway if you want using a framing angle, make sure the car isnt hoisted up and is sitting level(drive the car a few feet before taking measurements with the framing angle). Mark the position of the bolt before you adjust. I can usually get with .2degrees. Best bet is remove the arm, get the bushing changed and get a 4 wheel computerized alignment, ALWAYS get a printout if available.

Back