Torque Specs for Head bolts and Intake bolts.

91BLOWNSC

Can someone tell me what I am supposed to torque the head bolts down to and also the intake bolts? Thanks it would be appreciated. Also any other tidbits of useful information you have, please share before i put this thing back together! :)

Head Bolt Torque, ref. Haynes 36086 serv manual.

You really need the manual as torque sequences are involved, not to mention pictures, etc. that really show you what to do.

Head bolt torque for SC should be done in 7 steps, following the bolt tightening sequence given in the manual; I wouldn't begin to re-assembly the engine without the manual; cost $15.00 at your local Discount Auto Parts Store, and they are open to 9 pm.

Good luck!!!!

Haynes Manual

I just bought one today, it gives you all the details of engine re-assembly, major issues regarding bolt tightening sequences and torque values; I'm new to Ford engines, but I have lived with Haynes manuals on Chrysler and Acura cars, they have always been a life saver for me.

I wouldn,t go any further until I had one in my hot little hands, I f I were in your shoes.......and I plan to be next years sometime. Good luck......

Back