85mm MP throttle body

935spd

Just ordered my 85mm Magnum Powers throttle body yesterday and was wondering what should I expect out of it. I am hoping this will also make the blower whine a little louder. Will this be the case?

Thanks,
Nick

It will bolt up to your 93 inlet, but will be greatly port mismatched.

You will need the Magnum Inlet, and get your 93 supercharger Magnaported to fit the inlet.

Either that or get a smaller big throttle body. Hey CougarSC, will that throttle even open 100% on a stock plenum? If I remember right I've heard there's not enough material in the stock intake to even open them up to 85MM, is that correct?

Vernon, I think you'r right, That 85mm butterfly would hit the stock intake plenum. I think the most you can port is to 75mm.

Yep, that's why I just bought an MP plenum and MP II ported case. The largest TB you can use on a ported stock plenum is 75mm, but the plenum is still only about 65mm at it's smallest part.

Without the larger plenum, It won't fit and even if it did there wouldn't be any improvement to the air flow.

David

PS: You will also need an MAF that is of equal or larger diameter than the TB.

Last edited:
Just take the inlet to a welder and have him build it up around the neck of the opening and you can grind it out to fit this throttle body.

I was under the impression that the 85mm throttle body would fit, but substantial porting is required. I have a spare stock intake plenum that I was planning on port matching to the 85mm TB. Will this not work? Also, will the MP intake plenum bolt to a 89-93 blower? I know the openings are different, but will they bolt up?

ALSO: Does any body know if you can buy just the Magna Port II SC case? If I end up having to get it, will they send just the case so I can put it on my self?

Thanks for the help,
Nick

85mm tb

I got an 86mm SVO TB and had to make an adapter.

smallTB1.jpg

85mm mp throttle body

I went with the 75 mm throttle body and it sure didnt leave much material on the inlet after I ported it. Nice adapter Slysc, where did you get such a bir throttle body? Did you have to modify the linkage to make it work. Tim

I have a spare stock intake plenum that I was planning on port matching to the 85mm TB. Will this not work? Also, will the MP intake plenum bolt to a 89-93 blower? I know the openings are different, but will they bolt up?

ALSO: Does any body know if you can buy just the Magna Port II SC case? If I end up having to get it, will they send just the case so I can put it on my self?

Nick,

It may be possible to port the opening enough to clear the throttle plate on the 85 mm TB, but it won't do anything but look good.

The most restrictive portion of the plenum is still going to be close to 65mm and you can't grind it out much larger, there just isn't enough material.

No the MP plenum won't bolt up to the early model case.

Yes you can purchase just the Magnaport II case and install it yourself. Cost for porting and adding the rear adapter plate is the same as if you sent them your entire blower for porting, around $450.

David

linkage

Tim,

I had to fabricate linkage. I ended up clocking it about 90 degrees from the picture. I also had to modify my oil filler cap.

GO HERE!!!

This is the best price I found out there...I got one and the craftsmanship is there, I am dead happy with it...In my opinion it beats the craftsmanship of the edelbrock...Juss a lil mod and you are golden...Way cheaper than anything else, even used..LOL

Cheers

Duh...Hello linky link...Anyway...There it is...150bux for a
75MM = Not Bad...Not bad at all....

http://www.hawaiiracing.com/proproducts_fordthrottlebodies.html

Last edited:
Back