Temp Sensor Bung???

fastsc92

I need to find another temp sensor bung. The one in the thermostat housing i put my autometer sender. Now i need another place for my stock sensor. I was told that there are other spots on the intake, but i cant find any. Do you guys know where one is? The reason i need it is because i could not do a t-fitting to run both senders in the same spot. Space would not allow it. Anyways, I'm just looking for another spot to put that stock sender. It is an SC motor. Thanks guys.

You were told wrong, there aren't any. It's feasible you could drill and tap another one but that gets things more complicated.

Vernon

ya i didn't think there was, i looked everywhere. The guy that told me this also said that if i use a t-fitting, i would get inaccrurate readings because the sensor isn't in dirrect coolant flow. I dont know what to do anymore. What else can i do? I still want the stock gauge to work, to turn the fan on and for my warning light. And i cant run two wires from the same sender, because i was told that it will split the signal. (200* would read 100* on both gauges) I think i'm giving up. PLease help here.

Find a guage that uses a bulb inserted into the coolant. You thread it in between the hose and neck with only a small line to seal around. The ideal solution would be to make a new hole.

where would i find one of those? I have a question though. Do i even need the stock sender in there? Does it turn on the fan or any other warning light? I have a manual fan switch anyways, but i wasn't sure if it also acts as a warning light when the temp gets way up there. I'll prob. end up putting the autometer one in there and try to run two wires off it and see what happens. Worse comes to worse...i rather trust the autometer one and ditch the stock one. Any more input...you've been a great help so far.

The one you removed is for the stock gauge and therefore not critical. The other one, the Coolant Temperature Sensor which is important for the EEC is the tall one coming off the intake coolant passage closer to the A/C compressor. So you could just trade off one gauge for the other. As for finding the other style, call around. I don't know off hand.

Vernon

oh really......so the one thats in the thermostat housing doesn't control anything?....it just tells the temp??? IF thats the case then i'm not going to bother plumbing in two senders. I was worried about the computer and it turning on the fan and warning lights.

I don't think you'll have a warning light without the one you removed but the fans will funtion normally.

Back