Check Engine Code

jorgehernan

Now I also have a Check Engine code that says "IAC overspeed Error". Could someone tell me what does it means?. Also I continous having the exhaust temperature problem.
Thanks
Jorge:confused:

As some of you know I got a Mustang V6 1996 with an Eaton supercharger on it. I also have all the SC 1991 tensioners and belts. I installed 36Lph Injectors, polished and ported heads, .216-.226 camshaft, 8.5:1 forged pistons, 65mm TB, 80MM MAF, computer tune up by Fordchip.com, 255Lph fuel pump, dual 2.25" exhaust, K&N air filter, SC 1991 intercooler, 3.73 rear end and other minors mods.

This means the idle speed is too high for the computers likeing and it can't slow it down any more. What is the engine idle speed once warmed up? Look for a vacuum leak between the Mass Air Sensor and the supercharger inlet, you don't have one after the blower due to high EGTs (that would mean rich under boost and temps very low). These two problems might be related. If there is an air leak anywhere after the mass air meter that doesn't get boost pressure your engine will be using extra air that isn't being pulled through the Mass Air Sensor. This would cause a lean condition and a high idle if it was bad enough. Are you using large hose clamps on the inlet tubing? They should be really tight. The larger vacuum tube coming out of the back of the inlet plenum need to have a PCV valve on it. The nipple on top connects to the other side going into the intake manifold.

Vernon

Hi Vernon. I am not an expert and the English lengauge is not my native language. So I need a little more explanation if it is ok to you. Wich one is the inlet plenum, the one that goes from the TB to the SC or the one that goes from thge Intercoler to the intake manifold??. The IAC is on the passanger cover valve side and I has it pluged to the inlet hat goes from the TB to the SC. I have other (bot not IAC) oil gas tube from the driver side cover valve to the hose that is after the MAF. Are these all right or not?? I wil appreciate if you can tell me thoses things. Matbe you can send me a draw or diagram to my email jorgehernan_1999@yahoo.com
Thanks a lot
Jorge:)

No problemo,

Yes the inlet plenum is from TB to SC.

The IAC is part of the throttle body, it is screwed to the side of it. I think you have identifyed it from your last post. It is an electronic valve for idle air flow. It is covered with black plastic.

The oil gas tube is correctly loacated.

As for drawing a diagram and emailing it, sorry my computer skills are not that good.

Vernon

Vernon maybe you can send me an emaiol so I can send you back a draw with the vacuums hoses I have connected. Just to tell me if I pluged the vacuums ok or I have to change something. By the way, Is the big black hose that connect boht inlets (the one that goes from the TB to the SC and the one that goes from the IC to the Intake Manifold) the only one?? I am asking this because I have another one (a little one) coneccted from the Intake plenum to the Inlet plenum (the one from the TB to the SC). Is this correct too? Or I have to close those vacuums and not connect each other.
Jorge:D

Hi, guys. Don't mean to intrude but would this help you in any way?

vacuumlines.gif

Good luck.

Back