Engine sputters

SCChief

Just got everything buttoned up today and started driving the car today. Everything seemed OK until I romped on it a little and the engine coughed and died. It started back up and I checked everything out, Nothing out of the ordinary. When I shut the hood it died again, it stumbles and dies whenever you hit a hard bump or romp on it. but it always starts right back up. When it dies the tach goes haywire and the check engine light flashes on. Any suggestions on where I should start to look? It seems like an electrical problem to me, but I am new to the SC world. One other problem is my odometer is possesed, it logged 23 miles on the trip home which is only 16 miles. I think this problem may be the sensor on the back of the tranny. Any help is greatly appreciated.:)

You've got a loose connector in your wire harness. Make sure all the connectors that deal with ignition and fuel are clicked tight. Start with the large one between the throttle body and supercharger.

Vernon

Thanks Vernon,
I will check the entire harness out today, after I go look at an 89 SC 5-speed parts car for sale in the paper.
Aloha and HAUOLI MAKAHIKI HOU!
(Hawaiian for goodby and Happy New Year)

Back