auto seatbelt not working

aplvlydrtybird

hey everyone, i was wondering why my automatic seatbelt on my 91 sc manual isnt working its stuck all the way back where it usually goes when the door closes so it still keeps me from flying through the windshield but it doesnt go back when i try to get out, what is going on? Should i undo the battery and then hook it back up so it resets...could that do the trick or is there a damn motor involved that im going to need rto replace??? thanks guys

Here's my .02!!!!!!

The auto seatbelts are a pain in the ass and they can keep you alive.

The track is run with a motor in the quarter panel cover. Check the fuses. If the seatbelt light is not on, leave it alone. The motor and track is over $200 at DEALER COST!!!!!!!

Anyway, if the light is on, the track can be replaced alone.

Don

Can you hear the motor run when you open your door. I just had this problem a couple of months ago and it turned out that the plastic belt that the seatbelt is driven with was broken.

mine did the same....

It was actually draining my battery. I ended up unhooking the electrical connection to it.

I have spent 2 yrs trying to fix the ones in my 91 Base. I have run every test in the service manual and tested every limit switch and motor. I still can't get them to work. My advice, find someone parting out either a 94-95 Bird or a Canadian Bird and get the rear panels, door trim a-pillar trim and seat belts and chuck the auto ones (or sell the parts to the rest of us with f-ed up belts).

Seat belt

Try running a new ground wire to the inside of the door. If you ever had to buy new door hinges from the dealer a new ground wire and routing diagram comes with the hinges for the automatic seat belt problem. Give this a shot.

Back