temp guage

JSC

I have a 92 Aod,owned it for 7 mos. now and the temp guage operates erratically ,I have checked the sensor and before i bought the car the mechanic who was doing all the maintenance said they had pulled and rodded the radiator,changed the t-stat and all hoses ...should i Just have an additional guage of some sort wired in under the dash or since i'm in Arizona should i just wire the fan to be on all the time?
Any advice is deeply appreciated !!

The bad news is, we are all having the same problems. Too bad you didn't put this post up earlier, Rich and I had our cars at the Pavilions Car Meet tonight, would have been cool if you had joined us.
Paul

Paul.....
That would have been cool..I'm in north Phx but am in the area of Southern and Mesa dr. a couple times a week ....Since you have the az.perspective of trying to keep an SC from meltdown ,if you come up with anything ,let me know!
jeff

I'm in the same boat. The guage moves wayyyyy too much, in either direction. Right now, not too bad. Come summer, from one side to the other. I replaced the t-stat and water pump. Next step is to clear the radiator and replace the sensor.

Rich
602-909-6937

Well, I guess we will have to keep plugging away,wish i had not had my head in the sand around christmas ,cause i never caught on that there was a meet at the pavilions till Paul mentioned it...I just don't trust that the stock guage is ever going to be even remotely accurate so I'm thinking there has gotta be someone out there who has tapped into the cooling system an run a seperate guage on a daily driver type SC.......anybody???

Jeff

Just dropped the car of at my mechanics (Bromley Performance in Chandler, 480-390-2652) He thinks he can get an aluminum radiator installed in the car for under $400 ... and if he can I'm probably going to have him do it... I don't want to have to worry about overheating come the summer and I want to be able to put in the underdrive pulleys.

Paul

Mine Runs Pretty Cool

My fan failed last May. I replaced the fan, the CCRM and the coolent temp. sensor. My dash gauge is never past the the left side of "R" , even when it is 110 degrees in the summer. The car is stock with no mods. Good luck.

Hey guys! appreciate the info...I've seen the posts about t-stats as well. What myself and a few other people are talking about is car is running fine ,fan kicks on at the right time...but the frigging guage acts like a yo-yo....I can leave my house in the morning ,outside temp in the 40's and after 5 min of driving the guage will be at the "N" then suudenly swing down to just above cold and you get the idea!!!!!!!!!! Still wondering if anyone has just said to heck with the stocker and run their own guage !

Or am I (and one or two other people) alone?:confused:

Try cleaning the contacts on the sensor and the connector, and apply a dab of dielectric grease before reconnecting. The gauge on my '92 has gone haywire from time to time. It clears up when I clean the connectors.....and I still have the original sensor.........

Back