quick..replacing batterys cables

HappyHourHero

ok, this maybe a stoopid question but how do you change a battery cable, my neg. cable is all torn up and shot and i think thats why my car is now not going so i guess i need to replace it. where does the cable go to?

thanks

The negative cable goes below the power steering pump and attaches to the block in that area. If I remember correctly it's a hell of alot easier from the bottom when all of that stuff is in place. When I replaced mine I had almost everythig out so it made it that much easier.

Mike

ah hell, i couldn't find the other side that connects to the block, it seems to end somewhere behind the oil filter and i wasn't able to see anything behind there or even get my hand far enough to get it off. so.... i had to bring it to a mechanic and pay for him to do it, oh well.
thanks again

You could have grounded it somewhere else too. On my NA V6 I ran it to the upper intake. Thats been almost a year now no problems so far.

i figured i could do that but i didn't really see too much spots where i could do it, i'm sure there are spots though.
thanks

Back