Rear end sway?

SUPER91SC

This past summer I didn't get much of a chance to drive the sc because it was getting some cosmetic and performance work done to it but the times I did actually drive it (very little) I had noticed at speeds roughly above 80kms I had alot of rear end sway could rear shocks be a main cause for this? I do know that the rear drivers side is leaking slightly so I'm thinking while it's away for the winter it would be a perfect time to replace them. So I'm actually hoping this is it. Any ideas. Thanx.

Mike

Does it feel as if it is running in and out of ruts in the road? Swaying back and forth like a fish tail?

Sounds like a wheel bearing. Jack up the rear and grab the tire at say 3 and 9 push and pull to see if you get any movement. There is a great article on here, in the FAQ forum I think, on how to change you rear wheel bearing out. If it is this and you drive too long, it will distroy the knuckle.

I agree it does sound like the rear wheel bearings. Haven't seen this question asked in a long time. Heed the advice given by SCMe

Back