sc engine swap into mustang

matt'sdrag95

hi guys.

i need your help (always good when you start out with that huh?).

i would like to swap whatever parts i can from a sc engine into my car(a 95 3.8l mustang).. any help you guys can provide would be more than appreciated..

any particular year engine, or specific years parts i should looks for, or steer clear of??
i know about the newer blower style (called the 'S' style??) flows better, but can i port and older to flow just as well or better?

is it possible to reuse my mustang short block that way to utilize a 9.5:1 compression ratio instead of the 8.5:1 of the sc?? there are numerous mustang 3.8s running 11lbs of boost or higher with centrifical blowers utilizing stock compression, why not a sc blower? i would of course retard the timing to prevent detonation.

i would like to give the heads a full race port, same with the intake, and i've heard of porting the blower as well..morana cam, etc..
please give me your thoughts, ideas, and/or point me to someone that has been there and can help.

If at all possible i would really like to top off my mustang 3.8 with the top end of a sc engine..i have the capability to tune very well to prevent detonation, and i know i can make more power if i run a 9.5:1 comp as opposed to 8.5:1.
i just want to make sure my bottom end is strong enough to handle, say 89 sc parts??full port etc...

thanks for all the help in advance.
sincerely,
matt boshar

thank you very much. by all the stuff, do you mean the knowledge or the parts?;)

did you do the same thing by any chance? your pic looks like a mustang but i can't tell..

either way, would you mind sending me as many engine shots of your engine that you have?? i'd really appreciate being able to check it out. the larger the better.

my email is ROCKY9482@aol.com..

the bottom link did not load for me, but i can't tell if it's my computer that's crapping out or not.

thanks again!

matt boshar

Last edited:
Back