new sc owner has questions

hockeydad2

hi to everyone,
i'am in san jose california and if it every stops raining i can get back to my project 90 sc. i have a couple of questions that i hope someone can answer. note: the car has 223,000 miles and no history, i bought it from a guy who was going to restore it.

1. i also have the abs light on and a very hard brake pedal, i removed the abs unit because it was leaking around the pressure switch (found it loose). has anyone ohmed out the pressure switch per the manual by depressing the silver rod at the end of the pressure switch to act as if it were under pressure in the car?

2. i did a compression check (i hope to never have to do one again) are these numbers in the ballpark for a 223,00 mile engine.
lowest 147- hightest 165? note: these were taken with the engine cold, i don't think i could ran the engine and then get all the plugs out and take the compression on each cylinder before it cools off.

I'd say that those are acceptable, if not very good for an engine with that kind of mileage.

Thomas

thanks thomas,

i'am still working on getting the abs unit back in and checking it out. i'll then replace the spark plugs, wires, tighten the valve covers bolts, and repair the sloppy shifter. then if it's driveable, i'll change the fluids and read any error codes.

i had the ABS light on and extremely hard pedel. but my car has sat for 2 years. I took it to the mechanic and he said all the calibers had gone bad. They are being fixed in the next couple of days and I will let you know the out come.

Back