alarm

nervekiler

ok i just bought a new car. i did a search and got noting really good.

i bought the car. it has the factory alarm installed on it i guess. he gave me the keys but no remote. im pretty sure an alarm has to have a remote to work, right?

im just wondering and looking for any info on how the alarm works, how i can arm it/disarm it, and just info i can find on the alarm.

thanks for your time.

Nervekiller,
The SC alarm is not the add-on style with a remote, It is set when you lock your doors after about 20 or 30 seconds.
The alarm light will blink while the door is open and hold steady after you set your doorlocks it will not go off if you yank on the handles when its locked but will go off if the car is opened without the key,the lights blink and the horn will blow in a pulse pattern until the key is put into the lock and turned >
Hope this helps
Have fun
Jeff

ok cool. the last owner said he turned it off with a switch on the dash or somethign like that but i dont think he knew what he was talkin about. the dash has not been modified at all so i know he didnt add a swich unles the switch was already there.

and is there anyway i can test the alarm to make sure it works?
could i lock the door but not have the door closed all the way (just so it keeps the light off) and then open the door until the light comes on? would that set the alarm off or could i haev someone inside the car and lock the doors and have them open it from the inside? would that also work to set it off? i just want to make sure the alarm still works. i think an alarm is a good idea for me since i want to have a pretty nice radio in it.

thanks for the input JSC

Roll the window down and shut/lock the door. Wait a minute or two and then reach in and open from inside. Or lock it up while you're in the car, wait and then open it.

ok cool. thanks, you guys are a big help. i cannot thank you enough. i will try that later tonight when my dad gets back with my car (he has to drive it since his supercoupe is out-of-order, lol)

I bought my 90 SC about a month ago and it did not have an owners manual with it.
At any rate I am looking for a way to keep it shut off temporarly, or permenently. Any thoughts?

well when i got mine the previous owner had cut a wire goin to the actual speaker for the alarm. you could always try that if you dont want to have the alarm goin off all the time. or you go find the alarm computer thing and disconnect it.

well the speaker on mine is right next to where the intake goes. it doesnt seem to be secured there though, like not fastened or anythign so im not really sure that is the stock location. let me go get my book and ill try to find it for you.
sry man, but i was lookin in the book and it didnt mention the speaker for the alarm at all. but my wires run right in front of the radiator and then to the speaker for the alarm which is in between the radiator and the air filter box.

also the alarm control module is in the trunk somewhere. if you want to completely turn off the alarm you could probably find it in the trunk. i think its between the carpet and the left wheel well in the trunk. im not sure if it is a marked at all though (sayin that it is the alarm). so it might be hard to identify

Does anyone know where the factory alarm is on a SC. If so please drop me a message. My car doesn't have this option and I would like to keep an eye out for it at the junk yard.

Also a keyless wiring pinout for a 89 - 92 - 92 would be great but all other will work too.

THANKS
Tim

Back