HP/Torque/1/4mile Poll

plev72

Alright, I'm not convinced that anyone actually reads the poll page, but, for those of you who do and who have nothing better to do... I've never dynoed my car and haven't been to the track yet, but I've had and am having a fair amount of bolt on mods done to it. I'm curious as to how accurate you folks can be when estimating HP/Torque and 1/4 mile times given the car and the mods... Info is as follows:

1994 Tbird SC 5-speed
Driver weight: approximately 160 dressed ;-)

Modifications:
Engine:
Raised top (via 3/4" adapter - with porting of stock top)
Double IC (ported inlet and outlet)
Custom 3" upper intercooler tube
Ported or 2 1/2" lower IC tube (tbd)
10% pulley
cold air intake
176mm MAF (if I hear back from the folks who are selling!)
ASP Underdrive Pulleys
NGK Iridium Plugs
Magnacor Wires
180 deg thermostat
Aluminum Radiator (custom install 4" deep extra 1" long)

Exhaust:
Mandrel Bent single 3" into 2 1/2" duals with Magnaflow Exhaust and high flow muffler serving as resonator, stock resonator and 3fd cat removed

Chassis:
Subframe Connectors

Trans:
Ripper Shifter

Tires:
Firestone SZ50 225/55ZR16 front and 255/50ZR16 rear
w/ approximately 1000 miles used
Stock Wheels

Interior:
White Faced Gauges (if I put them on, figure they ought to be good for at least 10 hp! :)

I will get a chassis dyno done and heading down to the track here in Arizona in January.

I'm guessing, so don't get or anything like that.

HP:265
Torque:370
1/4 Time:14.3@96mph

I think that with my mods, to your, you should put up close to those #'s. I'm having a test & tune on the dyno on the 8th of Feb. I'll post the results on the non-tech forum.

The track mite not even be close, because as I learned, the 1st is nothing specail, for times that is. Those subframe connectors you have will help. Can you send me some pics of those on the car, if you don't mind. I'd like to see those.

Good luck.

With the stock heads and blower:

245 RWHP, 345 RWT 14.7@95ish mph

If ported heads and blower:

275 RWHP, 375 RWT 14.0@97ish mph

The stock heads suck. The stock 94-95 cam is utterly pathetic. There's only so many things that can be done to crutch them.

Back