New project car idea.........

OLD79

Hello everybody, i've recently become interested in the 3.8 motors. I like to do swaps that are fairly uncommon. I've already done the turbocoupe engine to mustang conversion and now i'd like to do the same with the SC motor. What I want to do someday is to swap an SC motor into a mid 80's fox body coupe. I assume all the 3.8 motors are generally the same as far as motor mount locations go and such. What all would I need to do for the swap, just get the computer/wiring and engine?
I can't remember if the 3.8's in the foxes were CFI or EFI. I also wonder, if they are CFI, if the fuel pump setups are the same, i.e intank. Eh, oh well just brainstorming for the future :).

3.8 motors in the Fox Mustangs were CFI. The only year for EFI on a 3.8 in a Fox car would be a 1988 T-Bird or Cougar.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

fast Ed N said:
3.8 motors in the Fox Mustangs were CFI. The only year for EFI on a 3.8 in a Fox car would be a 1988 T-Bird or Cougar.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

I know this is an old post, but you are wrong, I bought an 86 notch mustang with a throttle body injected 3.8l v6

M90TAURUS said:
I know this is an old post, but you are wrong, I bought an 86 notch mustang with a throttle body injected 3.8l v6

Yes, I should have said "SEFI", not just "EFI", to be clear. CFI is the Ford nomenclature for throttle body injection.

cheers
Ed N.

Back