MP front mounted IC. Thoughts?

93SC

Does anybody have any experiance with the Magnum Powers front mounted IC? Or any thoughts on it anyway. I'm thinking about getting it, looks like a great setup, just want some feedback.

Thanks

I believe Dave Neibert has it setup on his SC & (don't quote me) got something like 20+rwhp & 30+rwtq.

Do a search on FMIC & you should come up with what your looking for.

Anthony

Thanks guys, I found what I need. I guess I know what I'm buying next for the car.

If your wondering what it will look like with the ZR intake, here are a couple pics I took after installing the MP inlet plenum and ported blower case a couple days ago.

engine123002.jpg

engine123102.jpg

David

Dave, you said that the only fitment problems you had were the hood liner and the power steering tube. How did you fix the thing with the power steering and is there anything else I should be aware of fitment wise?

After I do this I will have #'s going from a stock IC to the FMIC.

Thanks again,

Justin

Justin,

The lower IC tube rest against the plastic dipstick for the power steering pump. I wasn't paying attention to how close it was and broke one of the tabs that holds the filler kneck onto the reseviour while trying to get the tube into the rubber connector (very tight fit).

If you remove it while installing the lower tube it should be okay, just remember to put it back on. I'm still driving with the broken one and it's not leaking.

I would also reccomend the optional second fan.

David

David,

What is the steel braided hose that runs along the intake? I cant figure it out.

Justin

Last edited:
David,

Do you have any power (elec) issues running 2 fans?

Sorry for a the Questions, just want ot do it right.

Thanks,

Justin

As for the fans... You shouldn't have any fan issues. But a Relay & Fan switch will be beneficial... But you should have no power problems even with 4 or 5 fans... Just get that relay or you'll take the chance of burning her up.

ANthony

Justin,

Like Anthony said, there shouldn't be any electrical problems because of the extra fan. I have underdrive pulleys, both radiator fans and an 850 cfm fan on the transmission cooler running most of the time and the lights don't even dim at idle.

If you have a high output sound system, it may require raising the idle a little or not using underdrives.

David

Sorry to top this again, but I did not want to start a new thread just for two or three questions...

What are the dimentions of the MP Front Mount IC? Is there any pressure drop? How much CFM does it flow?

Thanks!

Rob,

I'm currently using a stock AC condensor and a Griffin aluminum radiator. Here is a more recent picture of the engine.

engine120203.jpg

David

Back