factory recall-radiator fan-spark plugs

94-5speed16

I have a few questions. First, i know that ford had a factory recall of headgaskets on some s/c's but i don't know if it had been done on my car. I was lookin on ebay just being curious when i came across a s/c with a new engine due to the factory recall but the new engine was said to be put it at 74,000 miles at fords cost. What's the policy on factory recalls?

sorry my computer sent the last post somehow, but anyways

next, My car's temperature usually runs in the middle of the guage give or take, but when the car sits running or when i'm driving in town it goes about 3/4 of the way to then end of the guage. I had my car running at normal temperature the other day and noticed that the radiator fan wasn't comming on for the short time that i had the hood open while checking the fluids. When should the the radiator fan come on? If it's shot where can I get a replacement?

last, i just bought a new set of spark plugs and i don't know if there readily gapped out of the box, what should the gap be

thanks
dan

First of all, I wouldnt go near an SC that has had head gasket problems. I've heard a lot of people who have taken their SC to Ford with blown gaskets and replaced under recall, and almost all of them say that it never ran the same again. It's common to keep having radiator, coolant, and all kinds of other problems. I'm sure you can call your local Ford dealer for the recall policy.
Your radiator fan should come on when the temp gauge reaches just past the "M" in NORM and should stay on until the gauge reaches the "R".
Im no expert on spark plugs at all, but i've heard that the correct plugs are AWSF34PP but I am not sure of the gap, possibly between .045-.048.

Back