PDA

View Full Version : hi-flow cat question

joenintiesc
01-02-2003, 12:11 PM
I want to finish off my exhaust finally. I put in a Magnaflow res 2.25" IN and 3" OUT, with a 3" pipe back down to 2.25" magnaflow mufflers.

So now I have a set of ported manifolds and need to get some hi-flow cats. Should I just go with a 2.25" in/out 13" universal cat? Does the length of the converter matter that much? They have 12" and 14" at Summit, and 13.25" at Jegs... any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks! :)

SilverCasket
01-02-2003, 12:39 PM
Hi Joe,

It doesn't matter what size the cats are...... Especially when you are done gutting them!!!!! :D

Anthony

joenintiesc
01-02-2003, 12:58 PM
Except I won't be gutting them! I don't want to take any chances passing emissions, plus NJ doesn't need any more air pollution... ;)

By the way, could you e-mail the contact info. for the mechanic who did your motor mounts??

Thanks!

SilverCasket
01-02-2003, 01:44 PM
Funny you should ask about Phil... This is the same mechanic that took care of my exhaust (cats), he now works for the EPA.. Kind of Ironic... But if you would like, send me an email, & I will get you in touch with him.

He still works on the side & has a love for these SC's... Damn good too... He has me hitting 13.xx's with stock internals.

Anthony
silvercasket@yahoo.com