Anybody have Suspension Technique Springs??

fastsc92

Does anyone have them? What are your thoughts on them? Hows the ride quality and how was the lowering? Even? Need some feedback about these springs. Just want to check more before i buy them. Dont want to sacrifice too much ride quality. Can i use stock shocks with them, mine are brand new.

Last edited:
I've got em and love em. They are stiffer than Eibach since they are linear and not progressive, but that's what I wanted. After riding in a few birds with Eibachs I just didn't fell like they were firm enough for me. If you like the feel of Eibachs then you might think these are too stiff.

The 1.5 inch drop is pretty even too. I paid $225 a few years ago and felt good about them at that price.

Micah

i like these because of the price but i'm afraid that they will hurt the ride quality and rattle my teeth out.

not that bad meaning..... what? I know it wont be as soft as a stock ride, but i dont want to to be really stiff and not be a joy to drive. Most of it is for the look, but i want to still have a comfortable ride.

I have s/t's

THERR FFIN GREAT..After owning a few tbirds with the..*Blue* springs..I'd never go back..get them and enjoy:O)

if you have ruts and potholes where you are you shouldnt lower a car, let alone get stiff linear springs with low pro. tires:D . The grey STs are almost as soft as factory

well

Just to note..with a 4000 lb car linear springs really arnt that bad at all..I have the S/T performance springs 1.5 inch drop along with Tokicos,98 cobra 17*8 rims with 245/45/17 tires...The ride is fantastic..Handeling is great..Only problem I have with it is that its too low...SO I am going with a 255/50/17 to get a closer to stock tire height and see what comes of it..BTW I live in NYC and the car still feels great over the bumps

I have the ST's along with adjustable KONI shocks. It rides fine, even when I venture up into the land of crappy roads called Michigan. However my car sits 1/2" lower in the back than the front. Enough to cause my 255/50 x 17 tires to rub on the inside of the fender lip. I am in the process of adding MR. Gasket spring spacers to bring the rear up. It took a good month or so or the springs to settle down to their present level. One weird thing is it rubbed the tire on the left rear right from the git go no matter the weight loading or anything. Must be left side of the suspension just sits a bit to the left

Hey Damon, wanna swap one pair of your 245/45's for a pair of my 255/50's? The offset on the 17 x 8 Custom Wheel Bullets I have on it is not as much as I would have liked, I think they are 39mm. The rears set about right but up front the tires stick out beyond the fenders just a little bit but do not rub at all. I think the slightly smaller 245/45's on the front would be near perfect. I have Goodrich KDWS tires, less than 1000 miles so far. I doubt if we both have the same brand tire but ya never know

Ron Wendt

I don't understand the rubbing issues. Do you guys have airbags in the rear? I've got 18 X 10's in back with 285 35's and with my airbags pumped the well will NEVER touch the tires. With a loaded down trunk, and 3 in the car I can dump it at redline in 2nd and still not get the body to dip back on the tires.

DSC00108.JPG

Micah

no air bags yet, I am waiting to see what the spring spacers do. But I have a feeling I will be adding the bags later. right now I am trimming off the fender lip also

Hey

I have comp ta's on my car and I cant get them to rub at all...Not sure what the offset is but its a stock 98 cobra rim. If I had time to ship the tires Id probably just give em to you when I get new ones...Their not the widest but they dont rub..SO Ill let ya know when Im ready to get rid of em..Damon

PS..Had my spring sin a few months and no sag in rear

fastsc92 said:
not that bad meaning..... what? I know it wont be as soft as a stock ride, but i dont want to to be really stiff and not be a joy to drive. Most of it is for the look, but i want to still have a comfortable ride.

The important thing to keep in mind when choosing suspension parts is to match things properly, almost like picking out engine hop-up parts to work together. If you want the best ride and handling, your shocks and springs need to be compatible. Stiffer aftermarket springs work best with stiffer aftermarket shocks. The shocks control and dampen the movements of the springs ... so when you put in stiffer springs, for best results, you need shocks with stiffer valving to go with them. The best example I had of this was about 15 years ago when I put a set of the Ford Racing M-5300-C linear 650 lbs.-in. springs with red Konis in my 87 5.0 Mustang, which was about a year and 15,000 miles old at the time ... the car rode better than stock, less harshness and of course the handling was vastly improved ... and that was comparing to an almost new stock suspension. So if you can afford it, go for a set of Bilstein or Koni shocks at the same time as the springs.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

i just replaced all my shock with ford replacment...only because i had a dealer hook-up and got all four for about 250 bucks. So i'll stay with these unless the ride is realy bad. I had one more quick question. Do the front struts have spring insulators in them? I know the rears have two each, but i'm not sure about about fronts. If so...are they the same part number and how many do i need? thanks.

i just still hope that i wont regrett my ride with the linear springs instead of the progressive. I know they are stiffer..but i'm affraid they will be too stiff. Can i run stock rims and tires with the lower?

Michahdogg

just had to bud in. Your car is Sick.!!! thats the size of tire I wanna get. I mailed you a long time ago and you helped me out. but now that I see your pic I'm sprung. Thanks for posting. Peace Bro!!!!!!

i just still hope that i wont regrett my ride with the linear springs instead of the progressive. I know they are stiffer..but i'm affraid they will be too stiff. Can i run stock rims and tires with the lower? This is my main concern. I dont want to get any rubbing. Will the stock tire size still work?

The stock tire size will work fine with an SC that has been lowered 1.5 to 1.75" ... looks nice, because there isn't as much gap between the tire and fender opening. With the Eibachs in my car, it made me like my stock wheels a lot more when I had them on the car for the wintertime ...

cheers
Ed N.

Back