Gas Milleage

IMPORTDESTROYER

Oki, this is kinda weird. I've got my 91 SC, and on average, got about 300-350kms of Sunoco 94 to a tank(yeah, not that great). But now, with no mods, or anything, I'm all of a sudden gettin about half of that. This is very annoying, cause it seems im filling up every three or so dayz. If anyone has any suggestions, or ideas, please let me know.

Thanx

Luke

Do you know how to pull codes? If so, check to see if the EEC has detected any sensor related problems.

Yeah, I have heard a lot about 'pulling the codes', unfourtunately, I do not know how to do this. If anyone could tell me how, that'd be great.

Thanx
Luke

DID THIS START HAPPENING BEFORE OR AFTER YOU PUT THE 75MM THROTTLE BODY ON? CAUSE WHEN YOU PUT A BIGGER THROTTLE BODY ON YOUR GAS MILEAGE DOES GO DOWN.

Either take it to a shop and ask them to run a diagnostic on your car or invest the $ in a scanner from your local auto supply.
Good luck

Noticable differences

I'll throw this out here.

My 90 cougar xr7sc auto lasts about 5-6 days from full to redline empty, and its tranny currently has no OD.

Now, my 95 sc 5spd averaged about 12/14 mpg on the streets with just the k&n 9 in. cone filter. I would be filling up every 4 days.

Depending on how you drive these beauties, they can suck a hella lot of gas. It seems to me, that he 5spds use more gas. Last i heard, coy millers sc, aod, got close to 20 mpg area.

Back