I need a Blower

Hello

Hello,
Your best bet would be to have it rebuilt and ported by Magnum Powers or ESM.
I had mine done by Magnum Powers about 6 months ago. I know that ESM also does a rebuilding and porting.
Magnum Powers

BTM
Laterz,
D Rainer

How do you know its going out, what is it doing, what year is it, and how much do you have to spend? Most times its the front snout seal that leaks or the snout bearings get noisy b/c it has run low on oil. Mine was noisy for years and whenever I complained to the dealer, they said that some were just loader than others. Fords manual says that they are not serviceable so they never added fluid. It turned out that it was load b/c they never added SC fluid when it was in for servicing and when I started doing my own servicing I found that it was dry and the bearings were noisy. Both can be fixed fairly easily if you have some tools and know how to replace them. I've helped lots of guys rebuild theirs with no failures that I've heard of. good luck

Well Im a tech at a Ford dealer in sumner WA. I have already rebuilt my snout and the blower is still hella noisy. One of the Front rotor bearings is going out. I no Ford can get a reman but even with my discount its like $1K. Also i need the car everyday so that i can goto work.

I'd look on the MN12 classified pages b/c I always see used ones 89-93 go for around $300 and 94-95 for $500 or so. Even eBay has had some. I did what you're doing, I bought a second blower from someone in the classifieds, swapped it onto my car, then rebuilt the snout on my original one. Magnum Powers is offering a nice rebuild/upgrade but I haven't tried it yet. Good luck

I have seen where members here sell bearings and a seal for under 70 bucks. I am probably going to send mine to Magnum Powers. For $300 you get a total rebuild. for $699 you get the full on MagnaportII and a total rebuild. Seems like the way to go.

Now my question is. Once I rebuild and port my supercharger for use on a rebuilt stock engine would it be okay to run the Magnum Powers 85 MM throttle body, Magnum Powers Inlet plenum and fresh air intake with 38# injectors, C&L 76mm Mass Air Flow Sensor? On the exhaust side I want to clean up the stock manifolds and then use the Supercoupe performance exhaust from downtubes to tailpipes unless I can find a local shop to do it right.

I just wondering if the 85 MM throttle body would eat gas?

Is it just my logic or can a 76mm MAF really flow enough to need an 85mm TB? It would seem to me that the MAF would be restrictive to the point that an 85mm wouldn't make much of difference over a 75mm. I would think if you're wanting an 85mm TB you should probably go for the 90mm L-MAF. Don't know if I'm crazy or not. Anybody else seem to think this? Not trying to cut down wezar or anything. I'm seeing lots of people wanting an 85mm TB with a smaller MAF and to me it makes no sense.

The injectors will have more to do with gas usage than the TB. With 38's expect around 20 ish MPG (36's usually yeild around 22)

Last edited:
Cool, I'm not crazy. I'm probably going to look at a 75TB and 76MAF for mine to run 280-300 RWHP. If you're planning on anything more than around 350ish, you're probably better off with the 85TB and a bigger MAF.

Sorry Scott. for hijacking your thread... The relevant part is when I get my Magnaport II blower would it make sense to just use a Ported 1995 or newer inlet plenum with a BBK 75 MM throttle body, Then use the Magnum Powers and fresh air intake with 38# injectors, C&L 76mm Mass Air Flow Sensor? Seems like a good match for a strong street package.

If I did have the Magnum powers 85MM throttle and Intake plenum. Would it hurt anything? I realize it would not be fully utilized but I will be running a basically stock engine underneath all this.

With the stock plenum, it's probally not going to hurt anything but your wallet. The 85mm TB will be of no performance gains over the 70mm or 75mm TB when using the stock plenum. I'd save yourself the $100 unless you plan on getting the MP inlet.

Thomas

Back