Lowering my car with factory auto-ride suspension

Just how low do you want it. I know there is 1" springs on the market that work with the factory shocks and auto ride. There may also be 2 or 3" ones on the market but I am unsure. Either way, when you are done, get it alligned.

By "Factory Auto-Ride", I assume you are referring to the shocks with the "Firm & Auto" selector.

If you want to maintain the switch selectable shocks, you can use Tokico Illumina II's or Ford OEM. If your shocks are still good, then you can simply order a set of lowering springs. Springs and shocks are like exhaust; there are as many opinions on what setup is best as there are people that respond. It really depends on what you are looking for in the feel of the ride, and how low you want to go.

I have the matched Tokico shock and spring set (1.25" drop). Many folks don't like this setup, but I have no complaints.

Check with www.shox.com for available products and prices..... That's where I got mine.

speaking of lowering......when you swap springs....are there any spring insulators in the front struts? I know that there are 2 per spring for the rear...but not sure about the front ones. If so, are they the same part? Thanks guys.

The rubber spring isolator (or insulator, I can"t remember which is correct) is part of the shock absorber for the fronts. The suport for the bottom of the spring (built into the shock) already has the rubber insert, the top rubber isolator may be available from Ford or a parts house. I'm really not sure about that one.

Back