parkin brake button popped out

nervekiler

ok the new car i just boughts parking brakes button has popped out. im guessing this is a pretty common thing becuase my dads supercoupes parking brakes button has popped out of his as well.

the brake handle works, but the button at the end is missing. all there is now is a little metal peice that sticks out. we can still set the parking brake, we just have to pull the metal peice back out when we set the brake. i was wondering how coudl i replace the little button? can i just get one from a junk yard and push the button on that thing and it should just snap back in?

i want to possibly enter this car into a few car shows while it is still stock becuase its in such good condition. but the parking brake thing is one of the small imperfections this car has and i was wondering how i could fix it without having to buy a whoel brand new brake lever.

any info is appreciated. thanks

mine is missing also. The ford p/n # is FOSZ-2L760A, but it is obsolete. Please let me know if you find them somewhere.

Oh wow. ... I didn't realize this was a problem on these cars over time. If I may suggest, when you set the brake, don't just grab the lever and pull it back letting the catch inside snap along the notches inside. Push the button down first, pull the lever back, and then release the button. Then pull slowly again just to make sure it's set well. This is how I have always done it but that's just me, I guess. I will definitely keep an eye out for these buttons. I would imagine they are the same for mn12 cars of similar years. You might give Ryan sunquist a try at sunny627@hotmail.com . He has a lot of parts and he won't gouge your pocketbook.

Good luck, guys. Glad I saw this thread.

Have a great weekend all.

Just for reference, this parking brake handle, which is the only way you got the button, was discontinued long ago. It was used on 89 to 93 cars and is part number F0SZ-2780-A. Green auto sales may have them if give them a try. Hope this helps.

well i never got to use the brake on mine cuase it was gone when i bought it, and my dad never used his because he has an automatic allthough it popped out on his while we were drivin down the freeway.

i dont have to have the button. my brake still works thankfully. but its just a pain to keep the little metal part out (what used to be the button). i think i will just pop a button out from the junkyard and then use soem strong glue to put it back on.

Who is Green Auto Sales?

My button was missing when I purchased the car.

Thanks for the info. I'll email sunny627.

Green auto sales....

Is a company which sells overstocked obselete OEM parts out of I believe Cinn. OH. I had there 800 # somewhere, and will try and find it for you if no oneelse has it posted by then.

You will need the part # and name of part upon asking.

Jeff Bratton

Back