PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Guage Stopped Working

ThunderCoupe94
01-03-2003, 09:05 PM
Fuel guage quit on me in the 35th anny was wondering if anyone had any info on what would cause this. 2 days ago i filled it up and then yesterday it was stuck on full and today i filled it again and it took 22. bucks just wondering what kinda stuff i have to look forward to in fixing this. Thanks for the help

Sc-Ya
Jayson

Hock
01-04-2003, 12:42 AM
I have had that problem before, mine was just stuck. It eventually fixed its self after a couple of tanks of gas. If that don't happen in your case take out the tank and fix it.

Jason Wild
01-04-2003, 01:49 AM
This happened to me one time all that happens is the flot gets stuck up on something for a little bit and then will fall off and go back to normal after.
Hope that helps.

Billabong089
01-04-2003, 02:51 AM
Maybe you should try doing some doughnuts or burnouts and it might help it close... You'll be surprised what that can fix ;) Fixed my mustangs radio clock ;) haha

007_SuperCoupe
01-05-2003, 04:41 PM
I had a '92 LX that did the same. An easy, but sometimes PIA is to get a rubber mallet and TAP on the bottom of the tank every now and again when you notice the problem. It would fix mine for the next 2-3 tanks and then it would do it again. Like I said, the tap method gets to be a pain, but it's better than dropping the tank!