Fuel Guage Stopped Working

ThunderCoupe94

Fuel guage quit on me in the 35th anny was wondering if anyone had any info on what would cause this. 2 days ago i filled it up and then yesterday it was stuck on full and today i filled it again and it took 22. bucks just wondering what kinda stuff i have to look forward to in fixing this. Thanks for the help

Sc-Ya
Jayson

I have had that problem before, mine was just stuck. It eventually fixed its self after a couple of tanks of gas. If that don't happen in your case take out the tank and fix it.

This happened to me one time all that happens is the flot gets stuck up on something for a little bit and then will fall off and go back to normal after.
Hope that helps.

Maybe you should try doing some doughnuts or burnouts and it might help it close... You'll be surprised what that can fix ;) Fixed my mustangs radio clock ;) haha

I had a '92 LX that did the same. An easy, but sometimes PIA is to get a rubber mallet and TAP on the bottom of the tank every now and again when you notice the problem. It would fix mine for the next 2-3 tanks and then it would do it again. Like I said, the tap method gets to be a pain, but it's better than dropping the tank!

Back