Upgrades......

mikesc

If I upgrade to a 70mm TB and 94/95 supercharger will I have to go to 36# injectors? What is the criteria for injector upgrades?

Thanks...

M

Depending on the condition of your fuel system you should not have to upgrade the injectors if those are your only modifications. The stock fuel system on an 89-93 SC can support right about 300 HP at the crank if it is in proper working order.

I would base the choice of upgrading the fuel injectors on how far you plan to modify your car. If you change out the injectors you will also have to change out or modify the electronics on the MAF to support the larger injectors. What MAF are you running? What other modifications have you done and are planning on doing?

Bob

Upgrades

Right now the only other mods I have are a 70mm maf, 10% od pulley and SCP CAI. Magnaflow resonator & superturbos. After blowing the head gaskets New Years day I am now going to install the following items.
Morana Stage Three heads
New pistons (probably .020, .030 over)
Rings
Bearings
Lifters
Timing chain & tensioner
Cam (Isky #870125 if it will work?) If not maybe something from The "doctor".
94/95 oil pump (?)
This is just to get it runung again, the new T/B and 94/95 blower/plenum will be acquired as soon as I can find one for as reasonable price.

Thanks for the response....

Mike

I would say that you are going to need to upgrade your injectors and fuel pump. It would be well worth a dyno-tune if you are going to be doing those kind of modifications to make sure that you are getting the right amount of fuel.

Bob

While you are at it, I'd just go with 38# or 42# injectors. They will still idle pretty decently, and will go a lot further then the 36# injectors will. Lucas 38# and 42# injectors are the same price even. Check out http://www.precisionte.com for the best price on them. As far as the pump, I'd go ahead and get the 255 FI pump. I went with the 190l and will be pulling it out in a few weeks to replace it with the 255(arrrgghhh:mad: ) That's my $.02 anyway.

Thomas

That is good advice from Thomas. You have to set your goals and buy all the parts that accomplish it. It can get really expensive to buy the same part more than one time because it becomes inadequate.

Bob

Ain't that the truth Bob! I'm on my 3rd MAF, 2nd set of injectors, fuel pump, MAF, and blower. I just can't make up my mind :D

Thomas

Upgrades...

Thanks for the input guys, and thanks for the link to Percision Turbo & Engine, really reasonable prices. I'm curious, will the Walbro 307 fuel pump (255lph) fit in our car?, there on sale for $92.00, in case anyone is interested.

Thanks again...

M

Yes, they will fit. The might be just slightly different, but it's still a pretty simple install. That is an awesome price on that pump btw.

Thomas

Back