Heads Up...diecast Tbirds.....

tbirdsc35th

I just found the diecast thunderbird 1/32 scale just like this one:

NewRayGreen.jpg

at Dollar General here in Edmond, OK. I don't know where these stores are within the United States but I just wanted to pass this along for those interested. They are $2.00 in a black and red cardboard box with no plastic in the opening and all of the ones I got are dark green like the picture but with black interiors. They are made by NewRay, so I guess they are redoing them. They are distributed by Dolgencorp, Inc out of Goodlettsville, TN. They may go fast so get em while they are there.

Have a great weekend all.

I don't know of any other colors that are available. I just happened onto these and bought the five they had. I did find this link, http://www.dollargeneral.com/storelocator/locate.asp where you can enter your zip code and see where the nearest Dollar General store is to you. I almost hate to sell these I bought because the shipping is double the item itself. I used Duplicolor to paint one of my silver ones to match my 35th. Since the bodies are metal, auto paint works great. Just primer and paint. I'll consider selling a few of these green ones I guess. It was impulse that I bought them all. Just couldn't stand seeing them go somewhere else when so many people wanted them last year and I couldn't find any. I thought NewRay had quit making them and they don't sell to general public.

Absolutely, Mike. It would be interesting to know if they do come in other colors or just green.

Tell you what, Back n black bird, give it a while and see if anyone closer to you can pick one up for you. If you still want one in a while, I can check on the shipping to you and sell you one of these green ones I have. As I said I don't really need all of them but at 2.00 a piece I couldn't pass them up.

Have a great weekend all.

35th ( blue )

Hi Lance! Tom in buffalo, did tou ever get the right bottle of blue paint from the hobby shop? the blues in the 35th are a little different ( fender badge) are they all supposed to be the same blue? thanks! Tom

It turned out that I have 2 Dollar Generals and the other was a Family Dollar. They didn't have the same stuff but did have a 1/64 Mustang vs 95 TBird slot race set for $5. The cars are cartoonized, though and don't look right. I bought 3 at one Dollar General and the other was out of them. At $2 each I'll buy all I can find. I've got about 30+ Dollar Generals here in the metro area and at least 3 more close by. They are all green, the cars that is. There was also a burgandy 65 Mustang GT350 as well. One store also had a 2002 TBird 1/24th scale diecast in light yellow for $5. I'll check out the other stores in the next couple of days.

Hi, Back n black bird. If you want one of these green ones, that's not a problem. Email me at webmaster@35ththunderbirdregistry.org and we'll work out the little details. I have five of these and I just want to keep one for me probably. In fact while I'm going through this week, I'll go by the Post office and find out the shipping to BC.

Hi, Tom. I haven't gotten a bottle of that paint yet. Darn it, I have had a busy December. This week I think I can finally get to that hobby shop here in OKC and I'll take a hood emblem with me. I'll look at this 12105 part number and see if it's close. Those badges have a definitely different shade of blue than the hood emblems but not much. I held a hood emblem up to the badge and they are different. I feel confident that this hobby shop will have a real close match. I'm just an old guy and getting slower all the time. :) Sigh.

Have a great week all.

Hi, Mike.

Yeah pick those up if you can. I did some brief searching last night and the NewRay site does not show them in their current inventory for sale. These may be leftovers that Dollar General acquired at a bulk closeout and then packaged them for their own use. Probably why they are so cheap. The green and silver ones were the last to be made, I think. Fortunately because they are metal diecast, they can be painted with duplicolor auto paint and turn out nice so you can paint them to match anyone's car. I still have a few of the dark blue and silver ones from a year or so ago. I'm expecting these $2 cars to start showing up on Ebay anytime.

Have a great week.

the locator link says i have 3 of them stores here, ill chekc them out this week, if i cant get one here, ill gladly send you some $$$ for one of them, being that it is the 96/7 body style and it will match my 96 REALLY well after a color change.

Back