Super charger pully

Hellraizer547

I'm very new to this forum, so everybody, sup!
Right now my car is in parts and i'm a huge newbie when it comes to mechanics, before this project i didn't even know how to change the oil filter. anyways, i'm rebuilding my super charger myself and i need some help on getting the pully off. if anybody has any ideas i would be greatful.

I also have another problem, i can't remove the wheel off of the passenger side, there is a lock nut and a regulard nut that i can't manage to remove. if anybody has any suggestions, again, i would be very greatful.

Thanx all, sorry for bugging you guys with newbie questions. :)

I love the questions that are easy enough for me to answer :)

Regarding your Pulley, get a three-toothed pulley-puller, either buy it for about $30 from anyone who sells automotive stuff (Checkers, NAPA, Autozone, whatever) or you may be able to rent it or borrow it. Mine came off pretty easily.

Regarding getting the tire off, either a) find someone with air tools, or B) come up with a sob story (or ask politely) go to discount tire and ask them to burn it off for you. - You might check the glove box first though and under the spare tire to make sure you don't have the key to the lock. Oh - and if they don't charge you remember to tip the guy a couple of bucks for hooking you up (the one who does the work, not the manager).

Paul

For future reference, you can find answers to most questions by doing a search (see search at the top of the page) and then putting in the word you want such as "pulley" or "exhaust" or "tires"

Paul

Thanx for the pulley tip.

i removed all the lock nuts off of all the other tires but one, i used a 2 1/2 foot bar to lossen the lock bolt, but again, it wasn't enough torque and i striped it. i used a hammer with an impact wrench, but it still won't budge. any ideas anobyd???

thank you

Go buy a tool that breaks the nut. I won't use the joke I am thinking of...

I think Sears has a tool that should break the nut off the bolt.

You can also take an old socket that is just bigger then the lock nut. Beat it on, then using a good size breaker bar take it off. That's what I had to do when I had my 91. After a gear change, the shop misplaced my key, he said he never saw it or used it to take the rears off anyways even though it was sitting on the gear shifter when I dropped the car off. As soon as I pulled into the driveway with the 94, I looked and it had the locks on the wheels, and the others in the trunk. The locks are about 30 yards into the woods now. ;)

discount tire

Discount tire...ask em to pull the lug..it was like 2$ to have em all pulle off my camaro and then i just bought new lugs. They have all sorts of keys there....just dont f$#k it up too much before u take it there.

Back