Different ARC Problem

Still Crusin

I'm also having problems with my ARC. I have a 94SC with original rear shocks and about 96k miles. I have already isolated the problem to the drivers side rear and have already ensured pin inside top of shock is loose and lubricated. I also even put on a new actuator. It appears the code I'm getting is a 1+2 which if I read the code correctly means I have a "soft relay open/short". Can someone enlighten me what I should try next? What is a soft relay?

According to the article at www.mn12performance.com the relays are in the rear. Here is the picture and they are supposed to be #8. I would suggest finding them and then find something similar to swap out and see if that solves the problem.

sdcs.gif

The relays are about the size of a half-stick of butter. Black and gray usually (on my '89 anyway).

The Firm and soft relays are in the black plastic package tray behind the rear seat, forward of the ARC module. Your best best is to try swapping a know good one for each relay and see what happens. The relays are exactly the same part # for firm and soft.

If you have the folding leather rear seats, simply flip the passenger side down and you'll see the relays pretty easy as they are facing front on the under-package shelf.

resized%20dec%2001%20low%20pro%20side.jpg

Last edited:
Back