input on summit exhaust part

nervekiler

hey i was lookin through an old summit racing catalog my dad had laying around and i noticed they have a cool thing for the exhuast. its just like a Y shaped pipe thing with one of the prongs on the Y beind covered up. heres the description:

An Instant Open Exhuast, just weld in a summit exhuast cutout behind each header and you'll be able to convert to an open exhuast at the track.

i think this sounds liek a good idea when i go ahead and do full exhuast upgrade on my bird. obviously this cutout would only be opened up for track use but i think its a good idea to get a bit faster at the track. it only costs 27 bucks. so does anyone have experience with one of these on any cars? if you have seen or used these, would you reccoment it? i am thinkin about buyin this little part just so i can get a little faster when i go to the track (i know i cant open up the exhuast with it while driving around town).

the summit part number is SUM-G4821
thanks

Mr. Gasket has something that will work. And if you search around you can find electricly controled cut-outs as well.

5424.jpg

I think a couple people have some sort of cut out on their car.

Back