help

bartend24m

crank and piston help

OOOOOOOOO KKKKKKK,
Heres whats up I recently bought a totaled 92 SC, and own a 94 t-bird LX and im going to do a motor swap. But before I do the swap I want to build the motor.....port the heads but im thinking about stroking it but cant find any info on cranks or cams...or anything else for that matter. Also I need to know if the stock pistons are forged in a 92 SC......Any help that can be given will help!!!!

Last edited:
i have heard to make sure to steer away from a cast crank. i guess they are weak and will not hold up for very long in an SC. you need to find a crank that is forged steel. forged steel is stronger.

Just FYI, all SC cranks are forged. There was a recall on the earlier cranks (89) that were cast because they broke after ballpark 5000 miles. Yeah, that's it. So, I highly doubt that there are ANY SCs out there with a cast crank. And any place that deals with the SC motor knows this, i.e. Coy Miller, Morona Racing, etc and they will not put a cask crank into a SC motor. Just go with a reputable place for your stroker kit. Actually the only one that I know of is Morona V6 Racing.

All SC cranks are forged, the pistons are not. Morana has all the rebuild parts that you need, Forged pistons and rods, double roller timing chain, etc.

Check out morana, or coymiller in the links section of this site.

All SC's did not has forged cranks. The early run 89's have cast in them, but as stated below more then likely majority have crapped out and be replaced with the newer forged units.

thanks but????

ok now that i know i have a forged crank (witch helps alot!!)...now do i have forged pistons in a 92 block???? Buy the way thanks for everyones help with me being a newbie!!!!!

to the best of my knowlege none of the SC's have forged pistons. I believe that they all had cast pistons.

sorry to whore on your thread but i checked on morana site and the specs on the 4.2litre stroker kit says that they use a cast crank. whats up with that?

Back