PDA

View Full Version : 3.8 SC-Turbo??

a23turbo
01-06-2003, 01:18 AM
anybody here ever think about turbocharging one of these motors?? I'm kicking arond doing a twin turbo as I have a set of IHI turbo's from the 87-88 birds..going to do a mock up while my new motor is on an engine stand..this is going into my 88 coupe stang.

fast Ed
01-06-2003, 01:44 AM
Well, the SC motor would be a good starting point ... low comp. ratio, reasonably tough bottom end parts ... just make sure you go with a good set of head gaskets, and ARP studs !!

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

01-06-2003, 02:13 PM
you going to be keeping the supercharger on the 3.8? I have seen it been done, and it is a very hard and risky setup.

sccoupe30
01-06-2003, 05:02 PM
Here's a start for ya. The car is currently down with wierd fuel problems. Please see my post. Some pics and info are below. Click on the tbird to get in.

http://home.earthlink.net/~jsrush/index.html

a23turbo
01-07-2003, 08:55 AM
I'm still pondering this project..I will not be using the blower, just the turbos...will start the mock-up hopefully this saturday after I assemble the engine ( still waiting on my rod bolts), still looking into the headstuds..anyone used the 40$ headgaskets from M? the ones with the stainless steel wire in the combustion ring?