Fuel Pump,Fuel tank, and Exhaust Questions

joshbea6

What size fuel pump is recommended for an upgrade? I'm probably looking at under 400 HP when I am done with my mods.

Also is changing the fuel tank to the newer style recommended? I have seen that there are many exhaust kits that recommend the newer style fuel tank, and not too many that have the 90 style tank.

I am planning an exhaust upgrade as well, and love the look of the exhaust on SCP, but don't really want to shell out the $800 for the exhaust, and then another $160 for the high-flow cats, etc. Are there any shops that you guys recommend for exhaust work?

Thanks.

If your going to go with a lot of mods down the road go with the 255lp hp fuel pump. Trust me get the best one first I put the 190lph pump in my car and now I am upgrading to the 255lph hp pump. The cheapest spot with great service is http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com
They sell it for $107 shipped and it comes with the correct parts to install it.
With the fuel tank it is a good idea to upgrade to the newer style one. I was lucky my 93' had the newer style. You can get that from a t-bird(does not have to be an sc) at a junk yard. Be sure to get the two metal hangers with the tank also. They tend to cut them at the junk yard instead of unbolting them. The reason for getting the newer style is they have a straight path through them for the exhaust compared to the sharp bend in the older style tanks.
$960 for an exhaust system from the manifolds back is pretty expensive. I had a shop by me custom build me a similar setup to scp but for a much more reasonable price. Just look around and see if anyone in your area would be willing to make one for you and save some money.

What would a "good" price for a cat-back exhaust system run? I am going to get the high flow cats and headers for my SC when I redo it. I just don't want to get ripped off as this will be the first "custom" exhaust system that I have made.

Thanks

exhaust

i paid about $4oo in two sessions not counting the cats. im running mustang shorty headers from a '96 v6. you can just pull em off at a junk-yard, had some fitting problems though, you have to grind down the flange so the drivers-side will clear the steering column. then i have two highflow cats from SCP, and they go into a single turbo muffler, then it's 3-inch all the way out until it splits into 2 1/2 and then into 3-inch tips. it sounds awesome and flows just as well.

When you say that you paid $400 in 2 sessions, you mean that you paid $800?

For that price I could probably swing the SCP exhaust system. I was hoping that there was a way to get a good exhaust cheaper than $800-900.

Back